Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding tags, grouping tags
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:32:16 +0200

On Oct 15, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Ilya Shlyakhter wrote:

Karl Maihofer <ignoramus <at> gmx.de> writes:
Besides that I have tags in other contexts, e.g. GTD-related tags etc.
So it would be very useful to be able to group the tags as it is
possible for agenda commands.

I think that a way to define logical groups of tags (or even a hierarchy of tags
-- say with a subtree of tag names?)  would be a very useful addition.

I can see that this could be useful - but the code is
not in any way prepared to do this, so this would be pretty hard
to implement.

- Carsten