Re: [Orgmode] org-capture: file to top level with prepend

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-capture: file to top level with prepend
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:17:18 +0200

Applied, thanks.

- Carsten

On Oct 3, 2010, at 6:01 AM, Thomas Fuchs wrote:

Hi!

I'm trying to capture and file an entry as an top-level entry as first entry
in an org file without config at the beginning (no "#+").
This leads to filing the entry as _second_ headline in the org file.

The template is:
("z" "test" entry (file "~/Data/z.org") "* %^{Note} %t :NOTE:\n %?" :prepend t)

I think this is due to jumping over lines starting with "#+" at the beginning of the org file
(line 715 in org-capture.el (org-capture-place-entry)).
My file has no config header and starts with the first headline. Calling outline-next-heading
in this situation leads to jumping to the second headline in the file.

The appended patch fixes this problem by checking if we are on a headline
and then skips jumping to next headline.

Regards
Thomas

Emacs-orgmode mailing list
address@hidden