Re: [Orgmode] mobileorg app can't sync

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] mobileorg app can't sync
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:21:04 -0400

Rodney Price <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been trying to get MobileOrg set up with Dropbox, and I seem to
> have done something to make it impossible for MobileOrg to sync.
> Whenever I try, I get an error message like,
>
> Unexpected error: error getting mobileorg.org
>
> (paraphrased somewhat)
>
> It was syncing fine at one point, but then I decided to move my ~/org
> directory into the Dropbox directory, and MobileOrg evidently didn't
> like the change.
>
> How do I get the MobileOrg app (on an iPod Touch) to start up again?

I have not used dropbox, but the directory with your org files and the
place in webdav that is your MobileOrg staging area are conceptually
separate.  You still have to org-mobile-push even if org-directory is
someplace in dav space.

To let someone debug this, you'll have to post your entire relevant
config, including setting of org-mobile-directory, org-directory, and
the URL you put in MobileOrg.

(I have mobileorg syncing fine, from two instances (production and beta
builds), one where I have a separate DAV dir accessed via the local
filesystem, and one which is accessed on a remote server via tramp/ssh)