Re: [Orgmode] paralyzing bug: orgmode typeface gibberish

From: Michael Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] paralyzing bug: orgmode typeface gibberish
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 05:59:26 -0700

On Oct 13,2010, at 7:51 PM, Jeff Horn wrote:

> I surmise it's a font-lock or faces issue. But I don't know enough about that
> sort of thing to help much... Maybe examine the faces? Customize group
> org-faces. See if the font is
> set to webdings, dingbats, or something similar.

I had already looked at my faces customizations and couldn't see anything usual
about them. Then I went ahead and reset all faces customization to defaults. No
change in this odd behavior. But....

Thank you, Jeff. Your note prompted me to return to this line of investigation.
I decided to just trash my customization file altogether as a test. Lo and
behold, that fixed the problem. I have to rebuild my customizations, but that
is a solvable problem. I still have no idea how this came about, why there was
nothing visible wrong with the settings, and why resetting them from within
Aquamacs didn't fix it. But, good enough!

Thank you, again.

— Michael