Re: [Orgmode] Re: Need help publishing subdirectories

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Need help publishing subdirectories
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 02:12:18 -0400

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> I moved ":htmlized-source" to the bottom of the project definition and
> it fixed the problem.
>
> In the examples I've seen, ":htmlized-source" has an empty value. I
> hypothesize the key was seeing the next key as a value, and so wasn't
> picking up any subsequent keys.

I think you are right: the code uses plist-get to get property values
and the doc string for plist-get says:

,----
| plist-get is a built-in function in `C source code'.
|
| (plist-get PLIST PROP)
|
| Extract a value from a property list.
| PLIST is a property list, which is a list of the form
| (PROP1 VALUE1 PROP2 VALUE2...).  This function returns the value
| corresponding to the given PROP, or nil if PROP is not one of the
| properties on the list.  This function never signals an error.
`----

apparently with no provision for a missing value. Which means that
org needs some additional error checking to catch situations like
this. Maybe we need a wrapper around plist-get to check things.
I wonder: is it OK to use the fact that in org, all property names
start with a colon, to detect missing values? Probably not, since
a value can also start with a colon.

> I just loaded my publishing setup from a few days ago and edited every
> line that had ":htmlized-source" to ":htmlized-source t" and my
> problem is solved.
>
> Thanks so much for the help! Even if it didn't help discover the
> problem, I learned a good bit about debugging, and I edited my first
> source file, so that's something to be proud of! :-)

... and it wasn't too bad, right? But inspired guessing will beat
debugging drudgery any day.

Congrats,
Nick