Re: [Orgmode] Re: [WIP] OpenOffice Exporter

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [WIP] OpenOffice Exporter
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:52:53 +0530

Hi

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:

> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi, Jambunathan,
>
>> Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Is there a problem exporting to HTML and just opening that in OOffice?
>>
>> AFAICS, No.
>>
>>> That's my normal solution, works in Word too.
>>
>> If a new exporter is available and is as good as your normal solution,
>> would you abandon your current preference in favour of the new
>> exporter
>
> There is also the org-DocBook exporter. DocBook files can be read by OOo
> see:
> http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/index.html

Thanks for the suggestion. If I run in to some serious road-block with
my new converter I think I can consult existing converters to show me
the way forward.

Do you use this converter personally? What are your observations?

The entries in the issue tracker seem to be anywhere between 3-7 years
old. The converter is quite stable I suppose.