[Orgmode] Re: Tracking time with MobileOrg

From: Jeff Kowalczyk
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Tracking time with MobileOrg
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 20:24:04 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Moreland <rlm <at> ncogni.to> writes:
> - If you click on the clocking icon at the bottom, a list of recently
> clocked tasks will be shown, with the active one being highlighted.
> You can stop the running clock, or start the clock on any of your recent
> items.

The UI ideas sound great.

I would think that a one-touch action for clock in/out of the active task would
be helpful. I'm not completely familiar with the iOS UI conventions, but would a
'long-touch' of the button you mention be a good mechanism to clock in/out of
the active task? A tap would bring up the list of tasks, as you describe.

Also, I think allowing editing of the clock-in/out times (using the iOS
date-time widgets, presumably) would be necessary, if only for accuracy. Many
tasks might start or stop when the device can't be used at that particular
moment. If you can't adjust the clock in/out until you get back to Org Mode,
you'll have to leave yourself a note to do so later.

Thanks, these are exciting developments, I'm glad I asked.

Jeff