Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Writing R-packages the org way?

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Writing R-packages the org way?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:24:59 -0500

Rainer M Krug wrote:
Hi

I am about to write an R package, and as I am an org-mode and org-babel user, I would (obviously) like to use org-mode for that.

Is there a recommended way of writing an R package in org-babel, or do I have effectively wrap the R code for the documentation etc. into source blocks in babel?

That's what I do.  I've looked into converting an org-file to
Roxygen or Rd markup, but never got very far.  My idea at the time
was to do something like:

* function1
** Help
*** Title
    this is function 1 title
*** Description
    function1 does this...
*** Usage
    function1(arg1, arg2, ...)
*** Arguments
    arg1: the first argument
*** Examples
    function1(arg1 = x, arg2 = y)
**Definition
    begin_src R :tangle R/package.R
    function1 <- function(arg1, arg2) {

    }

Any suggestions how to best proceed?

Dream: I would like to have one org file which contains everything (documentation, code, other relevant files) and if I export or tangle the file, I have the package ready.

Well, that functionality is essentially present with code blocks
and tangling, except the documentation part.

Is there anything like that?

Rainer

--
NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!