Re: [Orgmode] org-mode breaks buffer indexing in sclang-mode

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode breaks buffer indexing in sclang-mode
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 18:07:44 +0800

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi James,

does this only happen when Org-mode opens the calendar,
or also when you use M-x calendar?

Ah... I misdiagnosed it. Opening the calendar doesn't cause the problem. It's after choosing the date to insert as a timestamp or schedule/deadline. Then org-mode hides the *Calendar* buffer and it's at that point that the sclang buffers get messed up. (Or maybe it's when the calendar buf inserts the timestamp into the org-mode buffer - those are indistinguishable from the user's point of view.)

Couldn't reproduce it with M-x calendar, which doesn't insert a timestamp AFAICS. That tipped me off... so I retested this way:

1. Open scd file (sclang-mode). Run "Document.current" -- reports "a ScelDocument."
2. Open org-mode file.
3. C-c ., then C-g (no timestamp insertion).
4. C-x b to the sclang mode doc. Run "Document.current" again -- reports "a ScelDocument."
5. C-x b to org-mode. C-c . and choose a date.
6. Step 4 again, but now "Document.current" replies "nil." Bingo!

So it breaks when clicking on a date in *Calendar* to add the timestamp.

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
address@hidden