Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode meetup at FOSDEM, February 2011. Who would come?

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode meetup at FOSDEM, February 2011. Who would come?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:58:22 -0400

Based off of [1], we need the following: devroom name, description,
and related URLs.  For description, they suggest including the room's
topic, goals and target projects.  Something like:

Org-mode is a [some marketing words..].

The Org-mode devroom will include a collection of talks from its
author as well as speakers representing various other components of
Org-mode.  In addition, the group will discuss the direction of
Org-mode, identify additional tools that would be useful to surround
Org-mode, as well as make a plan for widening its audience and making
it more accessible to new users.

Some of our proposed talks include:
- Org-babel
- GTD with Org-mode
- Sceintific applications
- Sharing Org-mode data with other applications (TaskJuggler, ..?)
- Org-mode on the iPhone, Android and Nokia devices
- Managing websites with Org-mode (jekyll integration, built-in publishing, etc)
- Power user demonstrations/tip sharing
- The future of Org-mode

Goals:
- Expose new and existing Org-mode users to demonstrations/application
of features they might not have otherwise discovered
- Identify new applications of Org-mode, help users get started
using/customizing Org-mode for their domain
- Collect members from the Org-mode mailing list in a single place for
the first time
- Share and refine the direction of Org-mode
- Identify how contributors can help with Org-mode
development/documentation/etc.
- Plan for making Org-mode easier to get started with

Related URLs:
- http://orgmode.org
- http://orgmode.org/worg/
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/index.php
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-screencasts/index.php
- http://mobileorg.ncogni.to/
- etc.

I'm not sure what 'target projects' could mean in their suggestion for
the description.  Any ideas?

Hope this helps as a start, feel free to scrap it and start over if
someone else has a better vision.

[1] http://fosdem.org/2011/call_for_devrooms

-Richard