[Orgmode] Re: Having (too) many files in org-agenda-files

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Having (too) many files in org-agenda-files
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:52:40 +0200

Hi Shelagh,

Shelagh Manton wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
> I use the jit-lock package that comes with emacs. "Stealth fontifying"
>
> It makes font-lock only happen after the buffer is loaded and when you are
> not doing anything else.

I just checked. The following is default:

    (setq font-lock-support-mode 'jit-lock-mode)

hence, I also have it.

> You can access the variables through customize-group RET jit-lock. It may be
> helpful here.

As you can see, I did not change anything:

Editing a setting changes only the text in this buffer.
To apply your changes, use the Save or Set buttons.
Saving a change normally works by editing your init file.
For details, see Saving Customizations in the Emacs manual.

 Operate on all settings in this buffer that are not marked HIDDEN:
 Set for current session Save for future sessions
 Undo edits Reset to saved Erase customizations   Exit

Parent groups: Font Lock
Parent group documentation: Elisp Manual and Emacs Manual.

/- Jit Lock group: Font Lock support mode to fontify just-in-time.-------\
      State: visible group members are all at standard values.

Jit Lock Chunk Size: Hide Value 500
   State: STANDARD.
   Jit-lock fontifies chunks of at most this many characters at a time. More

Jit Lock Stealth Time: Hide Value Value Menu never
   State: STANDARD.
   Time in seconds to wait before beginning stealth fontification. More

Jit Lock Stealth Nice: Hide Value Value Menu seconds: 0.5
   State: STANDARD.
   Time in seconds to pause between chunks of stealth fontification. More

Jit Lock Stealth Load: Hide Value Value Menu load: 200
   State: STANDARD.
   Load in percentage above which stealth fontification is suspended. More

Jit Lock Stealth Verbose: Hide Value Toggle  off (nil)
   State: STANDARD.
   If non-nil, means stealth fontification should show status messages.

Jit Lock Contextually: Hide Value Value Menu syntax-driven
   State: STANDARD.
   If non-nil, means fontification should be syntactically true. More

Jit Lock Context Time: Hide Value 0.5
   State: STANDARD.
   Idle time after which text is contextually refontified, if applicable.

Jit Lock Defer Time: Hide Value Value Menu never
   State: STANDARD.
   Idle time after which deferred fontification should take place. More

Though, I find some values quite weird:

- jit-lock-stealth-time = nil (never)
- jit-lock-stealth-load = 200 (%!?)
- jit-lock-defer-time = nil (never)