Re: [Orgmode] LaTeX classes for Resume Writing

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] LaTeX classes for Resume Writing
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:11:23 -0500

This would be great.

I know you're looking for some type of "class", but would any of these example templates help?

http://nitens.org/taraborelli/cvtex
http://www.matthewjmiller.net/howtos/create-a-curriculum-vitae-using-latex/

I'm not sure what needs to happen for this to happen... some type of mapping of properties/headlines to LaTeX equivalents?

John

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> Any recommendations (based on experience) for LaTeX Resume classes.
>>
>> I am specifically looking for a LaTeX class where the templating is
>> taken care of by the class itself and the user has to merely fill in the
>> details from within an Orgmode file. Something similar to scrlttr2 and
>> isodoc for letter-writing so to speak.
>>
>> If there is one, I can incorporate the support for same in my LaTeX
>> Generic class support work.
>>
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg01264.html
>>
>> I would also find it personally useful.
>>

> Did you check the TeX FAQ?
>
>      http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html
>
> Typing "resume" in the search box returned a few entries, including
> "Curriculum Vitae (Résumé)". I'd start there.

I looked at some sample TeX and Pdf files. I had a 'feeling' that 1)
either the formatting and content were inextricably intertwined or 2)
the pdf file was too bland. (1) means that orgifying the content would
be difficult.

I am on the lookout for something that I am happy with.

ps: I am new to LaTeX. That also limits the way I look at TeX files.