[Orgmode] Re: Org-mode screencasts

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode screencasts
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:01:43 -0400

Hi Richard:

I really like the video!  I know some Emacs users have custom color screens,
so I was very encouraged that you recorded the tutorial using the default.
(I switched back to the default specifically for Org-mode.)

I also liked seeing the keystrokes (even though I'm a Windows PC user).  I
do know what the Meta key is (having used Emacs for over 10 years.)  But
maybe the Mac command key image could be replaced by "M-" to be consistent
with Emacs documentation.  I never knew about using M-Up & M-Down to
re-order items, so I did learn from this!

I thought the pace was too fast, actually.  Some of the keystrokes went by
very fast.  And some were missing, although now I realize that you
highlighted only the Org-mode-specific keys and not the ones for Emacs
functions, such as narrowing.  Maybe it's just me, but I never use
narrowing, so those are new keys for me.  Overall I felt that the pace would
be good for a recap.

I tried using Org-mode several months ago.  But I never fully embraced it.
I'm sure tutorials like yours will give me the incentive to use it
regularly.  I definitely look forward to watching more, and I will try hard
to respond often with helpful comments.

I hope this helps!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>