Re: [Orgmode] Re: *.org files showing up as "exec" files in Snow Leopard

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: *.org files showing up as "exec" files in Snow Leopard
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 09:31:49 +0100

Erik

> Do they have their executable bits set?

Not sure how I tell,  googling suggests that an "x" in the permissions
says its an executable and it has rwx in the permissions (nothing
else) but I see this is the same as other files that aren't labelled
as exec. Indeed every file doc, excel etc is labelled with rwx in the
permission.

But an excel file I have just been sent has permissions -rw-r--r--(644)

Compared with an existing excel file whis has -rwx-------(700)

It seems that all the files I brough back from the back up into the
fresh install of Snow Leopard have had their attributes changed to rwx

I think this is very much a Mac problem now, so I will move this to a mac forum.

But thanks for your help.

Graham