Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode screencasts

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode screencasts
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:21:14 -0400

I've just installed and tested "recordmydesktop" (based on Russell's
recommendation) on my Linux system and it seems to work great.  It
produces .ogv video files, which will need to be run through ffmpeg or
mencode first to be compatible with Vimeo.

On my Mac, I used Telestream's ScreenFlow, which has a great set of
editing tools built in.

I'd like to create a Worg page that will list:

- A link to each screencast
  Each screencast page ideally would contain:
  - Embedded video
  - Links to relevent documentation
  - Material referenced from the video (links to other packages, etc.)
  - Sample configuration files needed to achieve the results of the video
- Subject ideas
- Tools needed to record your own, where to upload them, etc.

I hope once we get one or two in there, it'll be easy for anyone else
who wants to contribute to follow suit.

I like the idea of using Vimeo since we may get new users who search
for "emacs" on that site.

So.. who wants to go first? :)  (Or if you don't want to do the
recording yourself, I'd be happy to work with you to come up with some
basic script for me to follow).

-Richard