Re: [Orgmode] Re: [bug] Gnus author in capture templates not working

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [bug] Gnus author in capture templates not working
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:30:49 +0200

Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>Hi Bastien,

>Bastien wrote:
>> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Though I had something in mind, that's effectively not expressed above: I'd
>>> like to get that date in the Org format, so that I can use it as a proper
>>> Org timestamp in entries:
>>>
>>> * TODO Answer mail of Bastien
>>>   [2010-09-20 Mon 00:13]
>>>
>>> Would that request be feasible and accepted by you?
>>
>> You can now use %:org-date for Gnus links on messages. Slight difference
>> with your proposal, the output is of the form:
>>
>> <2010-09-20 Mon 00:13>

>Didn't think of the active version. But is it too much asking for the version
>I searched for?  Could we name it differently maybe?

>Or do you consider that too much of a mess, and useless?

I've started to implement the :date property for the other mailers and
thought about:

 - date :: literal content of the date header field
 - date-timestamp :: active timestamp for the date header field
 - date-timestamp-ia :: inactive timestamp for the date header field

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6