[Orgmode] Re: does #+PROPERTY still exist ?

From: Noorul Islam K M
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: does #+PROPERTY still exist ?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:28:42 +0530

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Vincent Belaïche <address@hidden>  wrote:
>
>> In the org manual node `(org) Property syntax' one can read the
>> following:
>>

>> --8<-------------coupez ici--------------début-------------->8---
>>    If you want to set properties that can be inherited by any entry
>> in a file, use a line like
>>      #+PROPERTY: NDisks_ALL 1 2 3 4
>> --8<-------------coupez ici---------------fin--------------->8---
>>
>> However this does not seem to work.
>
> In what way does it fail to work?
>
> AFAICT, it works as advertised: after inserting the above line, I try to
> insert a NDisks property with
>
>        C-c C-x p NDisks<RET>5<RET>
>
> and it complains ("No match").  If I use e.g. 3 instead of 5, the
> property is inserted.

In the below example

#+PROPERTY: Age 25
#+COLUMNS: %25ITEM %Age

* Heading 1
* Heading 2

When I try to use column view to edit the property it is not using the
format that I mentioned at the file level.

But the following one works

* Heading 1
  :PROPERTIES:
  :Age: 25
  :COLUMNS: %25ITEM %Age
  :END:
* Heading 2

Looks like the file level settings are not working.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul