Re: [Orgmode] plantuml and svg format instead of png - feature request

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] plantuml and svg format instead of png - feature request
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:48:27 -0600

Hi Rainer,

Sorry about the delayed reply.

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> On 10/09/10 20:40, Eric Schulte wrote:
>> Hi Rainer,
>>
>> If you could send me an example of how to generate an svg image using
>> plantuml on the command line, I'll add that functionality to
>> ob-plantuml.el.
>
> from org:
>
> #+begin_src :file test.svg :commandline -tsvg
> #+end_src
>
> command line:
>
> java -jar plantuml.jar -tsvg -p < sequence.plantuml > sequence.svg

Whenever the extension of the :file header argument is "svg" the
appropriate "-tsvg" flag will now automatically be added to the command
line.

> with direct conversion to pdf when using rsvg-convert:
>
> java -jar plantuml.jar -tsvg -p < sequence.plantuml | rsvg-convert -f
> pdf > sequence.pdf

This looks nice, but it requires a second utility rsvg-convert.  I think
this functionality would be better implemented using the long-awaited-
but-not-yet-developed post-processing code blocks.

Best -- Eric