Re: [Orgmode] Latex export of subtree not working for me

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Latex export of subtree not working for me
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:14:04 +0200

Torsten Anders wrote:
>Dear all,

>sorry for bothering you again with my question from a couple of days ago (see
>below).

>I would appreciate with someone could briefly confirm whether
>exporting/publishing a subtree works for you (so I know whether the reported
>problem is related to org mode or to my own Emacs configuration).

>Thank you very much!

>Best,
>Torsten

>----------
>On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Torsten Anders wrote

>Dear all,

>I would like to export only a subtree of an org file to PDF via Latex
>(ultimately using the package beamer).

>When doing export/publish (C-c C-e) I am given a menu with options, including
>the options "only export current subtree" and "publish enclosing subtree". If
>I choose any of these and then select a publishing command (e.g., export to
>Latex), then I get the following error.

>  org-export: Symbol's function definition is void: activate-mark

>What am I missing?

>BTW: I am using the latest org mode version (just did git pull) with Aquamacs
>1.9 on MacOS 10.5.

Looks like a problem with Aquamacs to me:

,----[ *Help* ]
| activate-mark is a compiled Lisp function in `simple.el'.
|
| (activate-mark)
|
| Activate the mark.
|
| [back]
`----

The export fails because this function is not available.  Looks like
although Aquamacs 1.9 is based on Emacs 22, it lacks this library.

You might try to check EmacsWiki for information about this issue:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacs

Best,
 -- David
--