[Orgmode] Re: calendar and agenda entries

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: calendar and agenda entries
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:11:39 -0400

henry atting <address@hidden> writes:

> On So, Sep 19 2010, Matt Lundin wrote:
>
>> henry atting <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> When printing or exporting the emacs calendar it is possible to include
>>> diary entries or holidays.
>
> Mmh, this should be understood as a statement not a question but many
> thanks anyway.

Ah, yes. I've accidentally left off question marks so many times in my
own posts that I tend to assume everything is a question. :)

>> [...]
>

>>> Is there a way to include org-agenda entries as well?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#include-entries-from-org-mode-files-into-emacs-diary
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#add-Org-scheduled/deadlined-entries-to-diary!
>
> Yes, that does the trick. I created a diary file (normally I don't use
> it), added a single line `&%%(org-diary)`
>
> Now entries from org-agenda files do show up in the generated
> calendars - at least in those for the whole month. As far as I see the
> weekly calendars don't support it.

I believe some of the weekly calendars---namely, filofax (t f W) and iso
(t w 3)---do:

,----[ (info "(emacs) Writing Calendar Files") ]
| If the variable `cal-tex-diary' is non-`nil' (the default is `nil'),
| diary entries are included also (in monthly, filofax, and iso-week
| calendars only).
`----

The variety of cal-tex export commands is truly mind-boggling!

Best,
Matt