Re: [Orgmode] Re: Babel+gnuplot on Worg

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Babel+gnuplot on Worg
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:07:29 -0500

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi John,

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> Should this be the standard practice now? Images for something in Worg/
> org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc_*.org should be kept in the same directory?

I'd suggest this: images linked to only one file should go in the same
directory than this file, images useful for several files could go in
the images/ directory.

Actually -- sorry... I was just going to change this and wanted to re-ask what others think. For example, I currently have 7 images of plots in worg/images/babel/. I titled them gnuplot-imageName.png to try and make them easy to spot.

Were I to switch to the "new system", would it bother anyone to have a bunch of image files no in worg/org-contrib/babel/languages? Does anyone else care if the directory is filled with both org files and images? Or would anyone prefer a worg/org-contrib/babel/images directory since the supporting files for babel are growing with all of the documentation being written?

I guess it doesn't matter much to me; I just hesitated before updating as I wondered what everyone else thought and might have stronger preferences about directory "clutter" and unity with file types and such.

Thoughts?

John

> Also, is there a list of the directories that are published and those that are
> not? For example, I also put a downloadable example file here:

The only directory that is skipped at export time is FIXME/.

> I'm just wondering if the Worg instructions on how to contribute should include
> a directory tree of some sort so that the newer contributors like myself are on
> the same page as everyone else?

I hope the recent updates on worg-setup.org can help newcomers find
their way :)

Don't hesitate to suggest other improvements!

--
 Bastien