Re: [Orgmode] Re: How can I get document metadata?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How can I get document metadata?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 00:34:22 +0200

Aidan Gauland <address@hidden> writes:
> Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose <at> gmx.de> writes:
>> This is awkward to use:
>>
>> (org-parse-local-options
>>   (org-get-local-options)
>>   'org-export-headline-levels)
>>
>> Is that function still in use?
>>
>> `grep -Fr org-parse-local-options'  reveals nothing.
>
> Not only is it awkward, it (org-get-local-options) doesn't seem to get
> me everything.  For example, the title isn't in the list returned by
> org-get-local-options.

(org-get-current-options) finds most export related options, the names
of which can be found in org-exp.el.

I'm not an expert in this area.  But here is what I found so far.
You could take a look at certain files and funcitons in org-mode/lisp/:

1.)  `org-publish-file' in org-publish.el
     Here the call to
     (org-publish-get-project-from-filename filename)
     is of interest, as this returns all options set for the project the
     file belongs to eventually.

2.)  `org-export-as-html' in org-html.el
     Here I find the call to
     (org-infile-export-plist)
     Which returns the in-file plist of options.

This should do for a start:

(let ((opt-plist
       (org-export-process-option-filters
        (org-combine-plists (org-default-export-plist)
         (org-publish-get-project-from-filename buffer-file-name)
         (org-infile-export-plist)))))

  ;; the calculated style:
  (message "%s" (plist-get opt-plist :style))

  ;; or show the entire content of the property list:
  (message "%S" opt-plist))

Note, that e.g. the :title might be empty in this plist, because unset.
In that case, Org uses the filename as title.

HTH

  Sebastian