[Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: org-auto-repeat-maybe only updates first timestamp [7.01trans]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:58:45 -0400

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I have multiple timestamps in a TODO item, org-auto-repeat-maybe
> only advances the first one.  In the following example, I'd like both
> the SCHEDULED and DEADLINE timestamps to advance when the item is
> marked DONE, but only the SCHEDULED timestamp advances.
>
> * TODO do something by Sunday but not until Friday
>   SCHEDULED: <2010-09-17 Fri ++1w> DEADLINE: <2010-09-19 Sun ++1w>

Why not just drop the SCHEDULED: tag and change the DEADLINE task to
DEADLINE: <2010-09-19 Sun ++1w -2d>

This way it won't show up in your agenda until Friday -- 2 days before
it's due.

Right, but then it will show up in tags-todo lists before I want it to. An example is renewing my driver's license, for which I could use

   DEADLINE: <2011-10-12 Wed ++4y -2w>

but it would show up in tags-todo lists way before it would make sense to renew. Although I suppose I could set org-agenda-ignore-deadlines to 'all and just rely on the daily/weekly agenda to show them to me ...

ajk