[Orgmode] Re: [OT] Re: Include files to be used in literate programming

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Re: Include files to be used in literate programming
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:34:44 +0530

Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:

>> May be in coming days I should be able to make concrete, code-level
>> suggestions on that would take my prayers further down in your altar
>> :-).
>
> Would you be able to provide a brief summary of the
> series of emails? If you could identify one or a few core proposal(s)
> and be explicit about exactly what changes in behaviour you're
> suggesting, and whether they would be backwards compatible, that could
> be very helpful.

I will definitely do so.

That said, I have essentially taken an 'example driven approach'. I have
taken user requests that have occurred on this list [1] (which seemed
one-off or export oriented) and asked the following questions -

1. Can I use Babel Src blocks (atleast in theory) to achieve this? What
   changes are required in the Org/Babel core to do it?

2. Can it be expressed in a syntax that is no different from one that
   the org users are already familiar with.

I will followup on my earlier posts with greater clarity ...

Footnotes :

[1] I have provided links to example user stories in all my earlier
posts. They, IMHO, are potential candidates that could guide one to
expanding Babel in little (if not profound) ways.

Jambunathan K.