[Orgmode] Re: ical export -> google calendar woes

From: Neal Thomison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: ical export -> google calendar woes
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 15:08:18 -0400

Neal Thomison <address@hidden> writes:
> ... Google insists on seeing the calendar timezone as GMT, hence, all of
> my appointments are appearing 4 hours early (my TZ is EST5EDT but EST or
> "America/Indianapolis" or "America/Indiana/Indianapolis" all don't work
> either). I've set 'org-icalendar-timezone' and I see X-WR-TIMEZONE set
> correctly in the resulting .ics file.

All,

Following up to myself.

With a working example of X-WR-TIMEZONE from Richard Riley and a night's
sleep under my belt, I revisted setting 'org-icalendar-timezone' to my
time zone ("America/Indiana/Indianapolis") and this time it worked. Not
quite sure what happened yesterday but I suspect that my calendar was
being cached at Google and therefore did not reflect my furious cycle of
change/push/refresh as I tried different settings.

This thread:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=4655879e5ebc62f7&hl=en

laments the lack of timely refreshing of subscribed calendars and seems
to suggest that the refresh cycle may be as long as 24 hours. I can't
confirm that yet but I'm still waiting. It seems to be at least several
hours long.

Neal