Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding entries to Google calendar

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Adding entries to Google calendar
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:33:40 +0100

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 10:25:31 +0100, Stephen Eglen <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> I was keen to see if I could upload my 'org.ics' file generated by org
> mode using 'C-c C-e c' to google.  So effectively I just use google to
> be a read-only version of my agenda.  That doesn't seem to be possible
> either from what I read, but I thought I saw it was on a list of future
> projects.
>
> Stephen

Stephen,

I haven't found a way to "push" an ics file to google; however, you
can tell google calendar to add a calendar that is based on a specific
url pointing to an ics file and google will periodically load that
file and update the calendar.  The problem with this is that, although
it works just fine, the url must be generally accessible (no
authentication support).  Of course, you can obfuscate the path to the
file so that it won't be found easily but this is only security by
hiding...  It's also not clear how often or when google checks that
file although it appears, from my limited testing, to be at least once
a day but not much more often than that.
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D