Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Commands for navigation

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Commands for navigation
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 00:24:38 -0600

Hi,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the navigation commands should wrap around to beginning or end
> of file as necessary possibly after throwing an error.  The error
> messages down below need to be replaced with more user-friendly
> messages. When I see anything such big or as cryptic I get apprehensive
> that something is broken badly.

I've updated these two function so that they will now throw more
informative error messages.

> Is there a quick way to place the cursor at the beginning or end of
> the babel block? I could think of two options -
>
> 1. Augment C-c C-v p and C-c C-v n to jump to the beg/end of the current
> block
>
> 2. Overload C-c C-u (within org-mode) to also mean jump to the enclosing
> structural block.
>
> Given a choice I would lean towards (2).

I would lean towards (2) as well, however I can also see the value of
maintaining the behavior of C-c C-u /regardless/ of the local context.

As a temporary (and maybe sufficient to be a permanent) solution I've
bound C-c C-v u to `org-babel-goto-src-block-head'.

> ps: Quick navigation to babel guard lines could be useful in
> conjunction with speed keys (when supported)

Makes sense, and the above command could easily be rebound in a personal
configuration to an easier key-sequence than the default provided.

Cheers -- Eric