Re: [Orgmode] [babel] python session speed vs non session

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] python session speed vs non session
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:41:41 -0600

Hi Seth,

This is probably a combination of both the use of comint-mode which
indirects interaction with the python process through a temporary Emacs
buffer, in combination with the fact that Emacs must explicitly wait for
the interactive python process to return output until a special
"end-of-output" string has been received.

Dan has recently changed the session based evaluation for R to use a
different technique which doesn't require these explicit checks for an
"end-of-output" string which results in less clutter for the session
buffer and /potentially/ faster evaluation.  I would like to look at the
possibility of converting some other languages to this new schema.

Sorry I can't point to a clear culprit.  Best -- Eric