[Orgmode] Re: Strange behavior of M-RET with new list improvements

From: Anthony Lander
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Strange behavior of M-RET with new list improvements
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:05:24 -0400

On 7-Sep-10, at 7:46 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Anthony Lander <address@hidden> writes:

I've noticed some strange behavior with the new list code when
pressing M-RET:

Firstly, if I have a construct like this:

<-------------
*** Some heading
    - Bullet
    - Bullet
    - Bullet |
<-------------

With the cursor at |, M-RET correctly adds another list item
(indented, and started with -). But now there is no way to make a new
heading with M-RET, except to terminate the list with a blank line,
and then press M-RET (even though list followed immediately by
headline is a valid terminated list). Previously, if the cursor was at the beginning of the line after the last bullet, M-RET would produce a
new heading:

Hi Anthony,

I noticed the same thing when I initially started using the new list
code.  I've just trained my fingers to use C-RET for new headlines
instead.

Thanks Brent. I use CUA mode pretty much all the time (dons flameproof suit), and rightly or wrongly, it steals C-RET. I will look at binding the new headline function to something, though. That's a good workaround.

  -Anthony

-Bernt