[Orgmode] Re: Select default clocking task by Bernt Hansen

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Select default clocking task by Bernt Hansen
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 07:57:02 +0200

Yevgeniy A. Viktorov <address@hidden> writes:

> At Mon, 06 Sep 2010 19:28:43 -0400,
> Bernt Hansen wrote:
>>
>> Hi Yevgeniy,
>>
>> I actually have 3 'Organization' tasks that I clock in -- all at
>> level 2.  These are in 3 different org files and are listed in my
>> org-agenda-files variable.
>>
>> My current layout is like this:
>>
>> ,----[ todo.org ]
>> | #+FILETAGS: HOME
>> | * Miscellaneous
>> :misc:
>> | ** Organization
>> `----
>>
>> ,----[ org.org ]
>> | #+FILETAGS: ORG
>> | * Tuning                                                        :tuning:
>> | ** Organization
>> `----
>>
>> ,----[ norang.org ]
>> | #+FILETAGS: NORANG
>> | * Administration                                                 :admin:
>> | ** Organization
>> `----
>>
>> I used to have a first level * Organization task when I was clocking in
>> by ID but that set up has changed.  It's possible I still have
>> references to the old layout in the document that needs to be
>> updated.
>>
>> Sorry about the confusion.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve the documentation to
>> make this more clear?
>
> Hello Bernt,
>
> thank you for examples, I really lost it :)
>
> would be nice to fix references to first level * Organization,
> i.e. mostly to replace "* Organization" with "** Organization" and
> include above examples.
>
> As far I understand you categorize organization by work you usually do in
> some context if no other task specified or using "Misc" when there is no
> appropriate category?

Just to add a "ra ra" to this post Bernd. Your page on using Org is
singularly the most useful I have come across and I have meant to get
back and reimplement your method following a bit of a ".emacs" clean up
recently.  I think I sent some feedback before but if youÄre planning
any overhaul I'll wait a while and then run through the updated version
once more.

regards

r.