Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 12:59:19 -0500

On 09/06/2010 11:59 AM, Richard Riley wrote:
Eric S Fraga<address@hidden>  writes:

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:51:16 -0700, Dan Davison<address@hidden>  wrote:

I've just pushed changes which mean that Org now fontifies code in code
blocks. Currently, this is turned on by default, so it would be helpful
if people could report any problems, and opinions as to whether it
should be on or off by default.

[...]

This is brilliant!  Works very well on my notebook (with small code
blocks as that's all I tend to have).  Many thanks!

Without wanting to rock the boat I think its safer to have this disabled
by default. I cant tell you how many times I thought I was in the LISP
buffer and ended up making a mess since this enhancement was added. I
realise I can configure it myself but possibly the more conservative
"stick with old default" is better? It IS a nice feature when in more
capable hands than mine ;) What next? nxhtml integration and live
editing inside the src blocks?

I think several people have that setup already.  Last I heard a few
days ago, there was an issue with editing R that was being resolved.