[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] List improvement v.2

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] List improvement v.2
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:24:45 +0200

Hello,

> 1. On my machine, toggling a checkbox within a long list takes a
> long time. I have a 200+ item list. It takes approximately 5 seconds
> for org to toggle a single checkbox within the list (see elp results
> below).[1] With the previous list implementation, toggling happened
> immediately. (Note: I am not using headline cookies in conjunction
> with that particular list.)

> 2. Typing C-c C-x C-b on the following headline correctly checks all
> boxes; typing C-c C-x C-b again, however, does not uncheck the
> boxes.

I just sent to maintainers a patch that should fix both issues. Please
tell me if it works for you when it hits master branch.

By the way, as you are using quite long lists, you might want to know
that C-c C-x C-b will be faster than C-c C-c to toggle a single item,
as C-c C-c also checks numbering, indentation, and the overall
integrity of the list.

Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,

-- Nicolas