Re: [Orgmode] Full list of org-beamer functionality?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Full list of org-beamer functionality?
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 08:44:54 +0100

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:29:55 -0500, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> [1  <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
> Hi,
>

> When I've used beamer in the past for, say, blocks I just use:
>
> \begin{block}
> Here is some text for the block
> \end{block}
>
> I was looking more closely at this today:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.php
>
> Is there a comprehensive list of all the beamer_env options that can be
> passed? For example since these work:
> BEAMER_env: block
> BEAMER_env: example
>
> I would have figured that this would also work:
> BEAMER_env: alert
>
> However only an itemized item shows up...
>
> Also, example blocks are rendered with the block title: "Example (Heading
> title)" and I'd rather just have "Heading title" -- is there a way to do
> this?
>
> It'd be great to see all of the possible property values that can be passed
> somewhere. Maybe something like the list at the bottom of the export options
> page in the org manual where you have a nice long list of all possible
> options in one place?

If you are using direct beamer support within org, by having

: #+startup: beamer

in the preamble of your file, you can use the C-c C-b sequence at any
heading to see all the possible options for that heading.  This
includes the example etc. blocks.

Regarding the output produced by beamer for the example block, this
has nothing to do with org: beamer has a number of different types of
blocks from a simple block through to examples, proofs, quotes,
definition etc.  Pick the right kind for what you want.  Also
choose the beamer theme that fits your needs.

> Lastly, is there an advantage to using properties if one doesn't anticipate
> using column view? If not perhaps I'll stick with straight LaTeX code...

Yes: being able to easily specify the type of block.  And it's about
hiding all the superfluous information, leaving only the text and
structure visible!
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D