[Orgmode] Re: Automatically move completed TODO items and checkboxes to

From: Michael Hoffman
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Automatically move completed TODO items and checkboxes to another file
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 14:17:50 -0700

Bastien wrote:
Hi Michael,

Michael Hoffman <address@hidden> writes:

and then using search/replace to add "TODO "

How did you searched and replaced?

Well, the commands:

C-u C-c C-c
C-x C-x
C-c *

convert the checkboxes to headings but eliminate the hierarchy.

I've also tried regex-searching for something like "^ - \[ \]" -> "*** TODO" but it's not foolproof since the number of leading spaces doesn't always have something to do with the level of the previous header.

I guess we can keep the hierarchy with an appropriate search and replace
function...

Well, I'm gradually just fixing these things as I go through now.