Re: [Orgmode] dynamically calculated timestamps?

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] dynamically calculated timestamps?
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 22:22:10 +0530

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Matt Price wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yet another question (I've had a bunch lately).
>
> In my syllabus I have a bunch of headings like this:
>
> * Outline: Semester 1
> ** Introduction: What is History For?
> ** History and the Public Sphere
> ** Recursive Publics
> ** Abundant Information and the Digitial Divide
> ** Crowdsourcing
>
> (there are subheadings and text in between). While i'm planning I like
> to move the headings around quite a bit, but it would be nice, while
> I'm doing that, to still know what date the class meeting will take
> place on. So I would like to do something like this:
> * Outline: Semester 1
> ** Introduction: What is History For? <2010-09-16 Thu>
> ** History and the Public Sphere <<last timestamp+7 days >>
> ** Recursive Publics<<last timestamp+7 days >>

"last timestamp" here refers to the date in previous item or last date
class was held?

> So essentially, have something like a spreadsheet formula embedded in the
> timestamp.  Does anyone have any ideas how I might jerryrig something like
> that? It would certainly be helpful to me.

The reference to spreadsheet like formula suggests that you want the
date from previous item to be used to calculate the date for current
item and a change in the former should cause an appropriate change on
the latter. org-depend.el (in contrib/lisp) can be used to define the
relationships but I don't know how you could link dates that way.

Not very helpful.  Sorry.

-- Manish