[Orgmode] Re: org-mode + pomodoro

From: Frederic Couchet
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode + pomodoro
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:40:57 +0200

    Sergey> Hi all, Are there ways to use Pomodoro technique
    Sergey> (http://www.pomodorotechnique.com/) with org-mode? If there
    Sergey> are what are the best practices?

    Sergey> Thank you in advice.

Hello,

I always start a clock when I work on a task. And for the Pomodoro
technique I use also the org-timer module with some configuration.

Activate the org-timer module :

(add-to-list 'org-modules 'org-timer)

Set a default value for the timer, for example :

(setq org-timer-default-timer 25)

Modify the org-clock-in so that a timer is started with the default
value except if a timer is already started :

(add-hook 'org-clock-in-hook '(lambda ()
      (if (not org-timer-current-timer)
      (org-timer-set-timer '(16)))))

Fred.