Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Conditional tangling possible

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Conditional tangling possible
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:19:04 +0200

On 31/08/10 02:06, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> The easiest way to do this should be,

> ** pulling information from tags                                       :blue:
>
> #+begin_src R :var color=(car (org-get-tags-at (point))) :tangle example.R
>   color
> #+end_src

OK - that looks good. That solves one problem.

But it is not actually conditional tangling? It is rather the transation
of a tag into a variable - or am I seeing something wrong?

I must admit I have chosen a bad example. The idea is really to have two
completely different definitions of a function, which is then tangled
depending on a tag (or property or whatever else I could use to make
this easy).

so:
- -8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

** Here is the conditional tangle               :SIM1
#+begin_src R :TANGLE_ONLY_IF__IN_TAGs SIM1 :tangle example.R
        simulate <- function() {
                # do something
                result <- 15
                return(result)
        }
#+end_src

#+begin_src R :TANGLE_ONLY_IF__IN_TAGs SIM2 :tangle example.R
        simulate <- function() {
                # do something else
                result <- -88
                return(result)
        }
#+end_src

- --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So if SIM1 is in the tags, tangle the first block, if SIM2 is in tags
then tangle the second block.

As I said, I do not have to use tags, properties would also work.

Cheers,

Rainer

> #+results:
> : blue
>
> this will tangle to

> color <- "blue"
> color
>
> Cheers -- Eric
>
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to have two different versions (not in the sense of version
>> control) of one program in one org file, and depending on the value if a
>> tag is set or not, tangle either the one or the other. The tangled file
>> has to have the same name.
>>
>> So essentially:
>>

>> ** Test Code              :VERSIONTAG
>> Version 1:
>> #+begin_src R :tangle result.R
>>   version <- 1
>>   x <- 10
>> #+end_src
>>
>> Version 2:
>> #+begin_src R :tangle result.R
>>   version <- 2
>>   x <- 13
>> #+end_src
>>
>> If VERSIONTAG is Version1, result.R should contain the code as in the
>> first code block, and if it is Version2, the code from the second code
>> block.
>>

>> Is this possible?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer