[Orgmode] Re: Mark days in calendar based on agenda

From: Claudius Hubig
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Mark days in calendar based on agenda
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:54:37 +0200

Richard Riley <address@hidden> wrote:
>Claudius Hubig <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Richard Riley <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>Well, you probably know "d" can show org-mode items by including
>>>
>>>&%%(org-diary)
>>>
>>>in your ~/.diary (diary-file variable). This is described in the
>>>org-mode worg page.
>>
>> No, I didn’t and I have to admit I didn’t look at the org-mode worg
>> page. However,
>>
>>>Despite playing with fancy display calendar settings as described in the
>>>calendar I wasnt able to get the calendar to hilite the day buttons if
>>>org items were there. Does the output of org-diary conform to the
>>>required calendar appointment format?
>>
>> this can be easily fixed then:
>>
>> %%(org-diary)
>>
>> does exactly what I want :)
>>
>> Thank you very much Richard!
>>
>> Claudius
>
>The calendar shows the actual days hilited if they have items on that
>day in org?

Yes, though this only happens with active appointments – inactive
appointments are not highlighted in the calendar and not visible in
the diary.

Active appointments, on the other hand, are visible in the diary and
the agenda and mark a day in the calendar.

This is not perfect since I would like about some things without a
mark in the calendar (I have a note like "[2010-08-25 Mi 24:00] 4270
Vokabeln ausstehend" for nearly every day in the near future due to
my VEP¹, don’t want that to show up in the calendar but a little
reminder in the agenda would be nice…), but it works most of the time
as expected.

Claudius

1) Vocabulary Enhancing Program ;D, actually Mnemosyne with the SAT-set
of 5000 cards…
--
Many pages make a thick book.

http://chubig.net/