Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] org-capture.el

From: Mark Scala
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] org-capture.el
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:54:55 -0500

Bastien,

I've had a chance to look into this again today, and I've found something that might help you track down the bug (if it is a bug).

I've found that when I use this capture template:

("L" "reference" entry (file+headline "~/code/org/reference.org" "Test") "* %^{Description} %^G \n%? \n %U" :prepend)

tags get aligned properly.  However, not so with this one, which differs only with respect to the target parameter (file+headline vs. file):

("L" "reference" entry (file "~/code/org/reference.org")
"* %^{Description} %^G \n%? \n %U" :prepend)

Hope this is helpful and not just distracting.

Best,
Mark

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Mark,

Mark Scala <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, I hadn't checked the value of org-auto-realign-tags before looking at
> org-capture.

(Please note this is `org-auto-align-tags' -- not
`org-auto-REalign-tags'.)

> But unfortunately that doeesn't solve the problem for me, the
> tags just aren't realigning.  (org-auto-realign-tags is set true by default in
> my reference branch.)  My capture output still looks like this:
>
> * Headline :tag:
> stuff here
>
> Tags align normally for only after adding that line to org-capture.

Yes, but it should work without that line since `org-set-tags' is called
beforehand in the process of creating the captured entry.

I'm digging into this to see what's wrong.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien