[Orgmode] Re: Agenda view and timestamps

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Agenda view and timestamps
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:30:05 -0400

Hi Julien,

julien cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> Le lundi 16 août 2010 à 20:23 +0200, Bastien a écrit :
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> julien cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Is there a way to make the agenda view display only the entries with a
>> > timestamp ? I would need that for a block agenda.
>>
>> ,----
>> | (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>> |       '(("d" "With timestamps" agenda "List of tasks with a timestamp"
>> |          ((org-agenda-skip-function
>> |            (lambda ()
>> |              (let* ((ts (org-entry-get nil "TIMESTAMP")))
>> |                (if (or (not ts) (equal ts ""))
>> |                    (progn (outline-next-heading) (point))))))))))
>> `----
>>
>> Not tested but it should work.
>
> Just tested, and it works perfectly. Thanks a lot, I would never have
> come up with such an elaborate solution : my only experience of lisp
> programming is parenthesis matching while adapting other
> people's .emacs.

Another solution is to use the variable org-agenda-entry-types. This is
slightly more efficient, since it searches solely for timestamps when
creating the agenda, rather than considering all agenda types and then
filtering out everything that is not a timestamp.

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
       '(("d" "With timestamps" agenda "List of tasks with a timestamp"
          ((org-agenda-entry-types '(:timestamp))))))

Best,
Matt