Re: [Orgmode] MathJax is now the default for HTML math

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MathJax is now the default for HTML math
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:14:42 +0200

On Aug 17, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Jan Böcker wrote:

On 08/17/2010 01:01 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Aug 17, 2010, at 12:44 PM, Jan Böcker wrote:

Static MathJax v0.2 contains org-static-mathjax.el, which integrates it into the Org export process. The comments in that file explain how it
can be used.

Download it at:
http://www.jboecker.de/2010/08/15/staticmathjax.html

I have added a note to org-hacks.org in Worg, which should show up when
Worg is next exported to HTML on the server.

And, since you made it into a nice little package, I think
it could go into the contrib directory as well - if you want, of course.

- Carsten

Feel free to include it!

I guess org-static-mathjax.el should go to contrib/lisp and everything
else to contrib/scripts/staticmathjax/ ?

Maybe add a pointer to contrib/scripts/staticmathjax/README.org in the
comments of the lisp file.

I have added it thanks.

The only modification I made is to initialize your first variable like this:

(defcustom org-static-mathjax-app-ini-path
  (or (expand-file-name
       "../scripts/staticmatchjax/application.ini"
       (file-name-directory (or load-file-name buffer-file-name)))
      "")
"Path to \"application.ini\" of the Static MathJax XULRunner application.
If you have extracted StaticMathJax to e.g. ~/.local/staticmathjax, set
this to ~/.local/staticmathjax/application.ini"
  :type 'string)

This should then point to to the right place in an Org distribution.

Thanks!

- Carsten