SOLVED: was Re: [Orgmode] items not disappearing from agenda once marke

From: Gert van Oss
Subject: SOLVED: was Re: [Orgmode] items not disappearing from agenda once marked done
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:10:24 +0200

On 19 aug 2010, at 13:39, Gert van Oss wrote:

> On 19 aug 2010, at 09:04, Jan Böcker wrote:
>
>> On 08/19/2010 07:55 AM, Gert van Oss wrote:
>>> dear list,
>>>
>>> I know this is in the FAQ-[1] but I can't get it working. I've started
>>> with a new setup not edited by hand. Can someone point me in the right
>>> direction to get this working when I do: C-c-a?
>>>
>>> (custom-set-variables
>>> ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
>>> ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
>>> ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
>>> ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
>>> '(org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
>>> '(org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
>>> '(org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)
>>> '(org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)
>>> '(org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>>> '(org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date t))
>>>
>>> Thanks for any reply,
>>> Gert
>>>

>>> 1- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#scheduled-vs-deadline-vs-timestamp
>>>

>> Hi Gert,
>>
>> I just did a test with org-skip-scheduled-if-done here. I set it to t,
>> scheduled a TODO item for today, then marked that DONE from the agenda.
>> It disappeared as soon as I pressed 'r' to rebuild the agenda view.
>>

>> I think that is the intended behaviour, because rebuilding the agenda
>> can be a slow operation.
>>
>> Please give us a small example of what exactly does not work for you:
>> describe what you do, what happens, and what you expect to happen
>> instead. The version of Org-mode you are using would also be useful to
>> know (M-x org-version), in case you have hit a bug. That would greatly
>> help us help you!
>>
>> -- Jan
>
> hi list, Jan,
>
> Thanks for your replay. Don't think I did hit a bug but that it is that I
> expect something to happen without creating the right settings.
> I'm using Org-mode version 6.33x
>
> I'd assumed that if I create a todo with the setup mentioned above.
>
> Shift-Alt "text of my todo", then C-c C-t to mark it TODO and then C-c C-s to
> schedule it on today
>
> I check whether the TODO is listed in the agenda with C-c-a.
> This is the case. Following step is to 'select' the TODO and change it status
> to DONE with C-c C-t.
> If I then check the agenda with C-c-a it still shows in the agenda (as DONE),
> though I expected the heading not to show up in the agenda because of
>
>>> '(org-agenda-skip-deadline-if-done t)
>>> '(org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-done t)
>>> '(org-agenda-skip-timestamp-if-done t)
>>> '(org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)
>
> I thought as well that properties of the heading would change somehow but
> nothing happens. Curious to learn what to change in my settings.
> Thanks,
> Gert

Taking out the first two lines mentioned below helped to solve my problem..

#+SEQ_TODO: TODO(t) STARTED(s) WAITING(w) APPT(a) DONE(d) CANCELLED(c)
DEFERRED(f)
#+TAGS: HOME(h) OFFICE(o) EMAIL(e) PHONE(p) READ(r) REFILE(f) SQLITE(s) AS(a)