Re: [Orgmode] TODO hooks

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] TODO hooks
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:30:45 +0200

On 08/16/2010 02:47 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
> After another time that I forgot something I came up with the same idea.
>
> Suppose I live in address X, and whenever I change my address I have to
> notify Y, Z, W.
>
> Now how could I handle this automatically?
> I would like that, whenever my address changes I get a todo telling me
> to contact Y, Z, W.
>
> Is it possible to do anything like that in org-mode?
> Maybe with org-babel and elisp, but there should also maybe an
> elisp-hook on the change of that text...
>
> Any idea, other people feelt my same need from time to time?

Just make a checklist somewhere:

* DONE Notify people of my current address
- [X] Y
- [X] Z
- [X] W

When your address changes, change the todo state to TODO and do M-x
org-reset-checkbox-state-subtree to uncheck all the boxes.

Of course, you still have to remember to do that, but don't have to
remember /who/ you have to notify (because you can add to this list
whenever you give your address to someone new).

If that does not accomplish your goal, please provide more detailed
explanation of what Org should do to help you in this situation.

-- Jan