Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags

From: Martin Pohlack
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: skip entry with inherited tags
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:56:32 +0200

Hi Carsten,

[...]

The internal logic of the filter and the preset filter is such that
it applies to the entire view, and you should not set in the local
options for a command that is part of a block agenda view.

Well, it is already partly there in that local filters are stored in
text properties for each line.  Maybe we can extend this a bit to
remove
this limitation?

I think this will be tidious.

Yes, I saw this on my first attempts to look at the code :-). I have not yet given up on this though ...

For block agendas, I guess a skip
condition will be better than filtering.

This does not help with inherited tags, AFAIK. For example, if I mark a whole tree of things with :maybe:, the inheriting items in the tree cannot easily be skipped.

Cheers,
Martin