Re: [Orgmode] Re: fractional hours for timestamps?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: fractional hours for timestamps?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:38:46 +0200

On Aug 13, 2010, at 11:43 AM, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:

I think Greg's point is about entering data using only numeric keypad. I
can confirm that I have considered these issues (esp. 1400
vs. 14:00). Fractional hours don't seem to be that easy as there are
countries like Poland where you use comma as decimal point (working with
Emacs' built in calc is a pain) which earns another few lines for
parsing code.

AFAIC, I won't mess with this part of the code, I think it's quite easy
enough to enter 14:00 instead of 1400...

Not really in fact if you use keypad. It's not about the number of
keystrokes but their layout. Try it.

Hi Lukasz,

the problem with making the parser more general is that it might
start to interpret years as durations and the other way round.
You are welcome to submit a patch - but it would have to be a careful one.

- Carsten