Re: [Orgmode] Bug: source document in latin9, wrong latex export [TAG=7.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: source document in latin9, wrong latex export [TAG=7.01g (release_7.01g)]
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 13:44:46 +0200

Hi Michel,

what is the value of org-export-latex-classes?

- Carsten

On Aug 7, 2010, at 1:40 PM, Michel Briand wrote:

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> - Sat, 7 Aug 2010 08:11:43
+0200

On Aug 6, 2010, at 5:07 PM, Michel Briand wrote:

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?
See

   http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

I write documents in (pure) iso-8859-15. I'm used to. Emacs handles
this well with a cool sequence at the beginning of the file :
#-*-mode:org;coding:iso-8859-15;-*-

Org does export the document with \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}.
This is strange !

When I try this, I get

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

Is this correct?  If so, something seems to be wrong in your setup.
Maybe in the past you have configured org-export-latex-classes,
so that the utf8 is there explicitly?

- Carsten

I've noted that in variable "Org Export Latex Default Packages Alist"
there is those values:

        package: inputenc

I've cleared the variable "Org Export Latex Packages Alist".

I looked into some source and google search and tried to understand the
'AUTO' meaning. I'd like to grasp it ;)... or I'd like to have it
conform to a rationale I did not find in documentation :P. However I
found this thread [1]. I do not want to have org-mode generates a file
encoded in utf-8. You'll note that french characters are transformed as
octal in the outputs I send.

I'm creating a small test case: test.org (attached to this email).

Currently org-mode creates two different outputs : one the first time
export is called, a second one the next times.

I've attached those .tex files as .output1 and .output2.

It's very strange.

Regards,
Michel

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg20382.html

<test.org><test.tex.output1><test.tex.output2>

- Carsten