Re: [Orgmode] Org file rendering/manipulation too slow

From: Manuel Hermenegildo
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org file rendering/manipulation too slow
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:38:18 +0200

 > Might be related to the OSX build -- any other OSX users around? :)

I also use Mac OS and I also see very slow performance when navigating
through large org files. Basically, sometimes emacs will freeze for 20
seconds or so when I switch to a large org buffer (about 30,000 lines,
1M --large but should be workable, see below). The strange thing is
that it happens only sometimes.  When I get desperate (it can be very
annoying) I switch to a -nw session inside a terminal and then
everything works fine, so I do get the impression that it has to do
with screen rendering in the OS X build. My current emacs version is
23.2.1. --Manuel

 Manuel Hermenegildo                     | Prof., C.S.Dept., T.U. Madrid (UPM)
 Director, IMDEA Software and CLIP Group | +34-91-336-7435 (W) -352-4819 (Fax)