[Orgmode] [babel] help debugging latex export

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] [babel] help debugging latex export
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:00:22 -0400

Hi all!

I've got a very mysterious mystery bug that keeps biting me, and I don't
know how to hunt it down.  Even worse, I haven't been able to replicate
it in a small example file... it only happens in this one particular
document, but it happens consistently in that document.

I start with the following source block:

#v+
#+CAPTION:  Regression coefficients from standardized model of training trials
#+LABEL:  fig:reg-coef-train
#+ATTR_LATEX:  width=5in, height=3in
#+BEGIN_SRC R :exports results :file fig-reg-coef-train.png
names <- rownames(summary(fit.a.lm.z)$coef)
coefs <- summary(fit.a.lm.z)$coef[, 1]
sds <- summary(fit.a.lm.z)$coef[, 2]
CI <- sds * 1.96
a.coefs <- data.frame(label = names, estimate = coefs, sd = sds, lower = coefs
- CI, upper = coefs + CI)
a.coefs.gg <-
    ggplot(a.coefs,
           aes(x = label, y = estimate,
               ymin = lower, ymax = upper)) +
    geom_pointrange() +
    geom_hline(yintercept = 0) +
    coord_flip()
a.coefs.gg
#+END_SRC

#+results[9d390c2ddaa0e5cc63614611542c9cfdf0f21d41]:
[[file:fig-reg-coef-train.png]]
#v-

When I run org-export-as-latex on the entire document, this block gets
incorrectly exported as:

#v+
[[file:fig-reg-coef-train.png][file:fig-reg-coef-train.png]]
#v-

Whereas if I select just that block and run org-export-region-as-latex,
it gets correctly exported as:

#v+
\begin{figure}[htb]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=5in, height=3in]{fig-reg-coef-train.png}
\caption{\label{fig:reg-coef-train}Regression coefficients from standardized
model of training trials}
\end{figure}
#v-

This happens to some graphic-producing source blocks in the file and not
others.  I haven't been able to figure out what the common element is
that causes some to export correctly under all circumstances, and others
to have a link description added and be exported as plain text.

Does anyone have any advice on how to begin to identify where and why
this is happening?

Thanks,
/au

--