Syntax to trigger org-capture (Re: [Orgmode] camel.el, for CamelCase lin

From: Bastien
Subject: Syntax to trigger org-capture (Re: [Orgmode] camel.el, for CamelCase links)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:06:37 +0200

When you think of CamelCase and on-the-fly creating of non-existing
files/headlines, it's just another way of *capturing* stuff.

Why not defining some simple syntax to trigger the capture mechanism
from special links?

For example:

  "I write a reference to a >c:newfile which I can create later."

- The ">c:newfile" is a link.
- The ">c" is a link abbreviation.
- The ">" part is the syntax for link abbrevations to trigger a capture.
- The "c" part is the keybinding of capture template to call.
- The "newfile" would be passed on as a variable for the (nth 3) of the
  template (we could have several variables separated by "#"

This would combine the flexibility of on-the-fly file creation and of
the capture mechanism, allowing multiple templates.

What do you think?

--
 Bastien