[Orgmode] [ANN] org-protocol-httpd

From: Andreas Burtzlaff
Subject: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-protocol-httpd
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 00:12:00 +0200

Hello all,

org-protocol-httpd is an Http-server running in Emacs that responds to
requests where the path is:

 - an org-protocol action.
   In this case the associated handler from org-protocol is executed.
 - an org-protocol-httpd action.
   In this case the associated handler is executed
   and its return value is passed back to the client.

My reason for writing this is that I needed a proper way to retrieve
information from Emacs for use in Fireforg, but it might be interesting
for those of you having problems configuring protocols in Firefox as
well. For details on how to use it from a Firefox bookmark please refer
to the in-file documentation.

org-protocol-httpd.el is available in the lisp/ directory from the
'org-protocol-httpd' branch on:

git://github.com/atheb/org-mode.git

(Please note, that the small change to org-protocol.el in that branch is
needed.)

Although I deem it stable, testing is very appreciated.

Andreas